About the Art:
For 25 years Stephanie’s focus was in hand-crafted, cold-formed silver and gold jewelry. She tended toward bold, clean, modern designs. Over time her interests leaned to the animal world (always with a German Shepherd at her side). An understanding and awareness of the consciousness of all living creatures became clear. Depicting this idea was born. During the process of drawing the personality and essence of each individual is revealed. The desire to portray this feeling in art is her joy.
- Executive Director of Sitka Center for Art and Ecology 1985-89.
- Board member and a member of the original team who created the Sitka Art Invitational in Portland, OR 1989-1999.
- Director of Blackfish Gallery, Portland, OR 1996-2006.
- Co-owner of Beppu Wiarda Gallery, Pearl District, Portland, OR 2006-2011.
- 2019 First Place, Juried Exhibition, Oregon Society of Artists
- 2021 Member of Northwest Pastel Society
- 2021 Local 14, Juried Exhibition, Portland, Oregon
- 2021 Member of Pastel Artists of Oregon 2021 35th Annual International Open Exhibition, NW Pastel Society, Maggie Price Memorial Award
Web site and online shop: www.swiarda.com